Before that, I was a Principal Data Scientist at Dataminr, working on natural language processing. At Dataminr I built models to extract public safety events from social media posts. Before Dataminr, I worked as an intern at Oracle Labs East, where I made contributions toward large scale machine learning inference using GPU programming.
I completed my undergrad education at the Computer Science department at Queens College – City University of New York. There I worked at a number of labs, mostly in the Blender Lab (now at UICU) with Heng Ji.
My interests lie in machine learning methods with applications in natural language processing.
- Unsupervised detection of sub-events in large scale disasters Chidubem Arachie, Manas Gaur, Sam Anzaroot, William Groves, Ke Zhang, Alejandro Jaimes The Thirty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-20), 2020
- Crisis Sub-Events on Social Media: A Case Study of Wildfires. Shan Jiang, William Groves, Sam Anzaroot, and Alejandro (Alex) Jaimes. In Proceedings of the AI for Social Good Workshop at the 36th International Conference on Machine Learning (AISG@ICML 2019),, 2019.
- Using machine learning to advance synthesis and use of conservation and environmental evidence.. Cheng SJ, Augustin C, Bethel A, Gill D, Anzaroot S, Brun J, DeWilde B, Minnich RC, Garside R, Masuda YJ, Miller DC, Wilkie D, Wongbusarakum S, McKinnon MC. Conservation Biology, 2018.
- Learning Soft Linear Constraints with Application to Citation Field Extraction. Sam Anzaroot, Alexandre Passos, David Belanger, Andrew McCallum. Proc. the 52nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL2014), 2014.
- A New Dataset for Fine-Grained Citation Field Extraction. Sam Anzaroot, Andrew McCallum. ICML Workshop on Peer Reviewing and Publishing Models (PEER), 2013.
- Joint Inference for Crossdocument Information Extraction. Qi Li, Sam Anzaroot, Wen-Pin Lin, Xiang Li and Heng Ji. Proc. 20th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM2011). 2011
- Cross-lingual Slot Filling from Comparable Corpora. Matthew Snover, Xiang Li, Wen-Pin Lin, Zheng Chen, Suzanne Tamang, Mingmin Ge, Adam Lee, Qi Li, Hao Li, Sam Anzaroot, Heng Ji. Proc. ACL2011 Worshop on Building and Using Comparable Corpora. 2011
- Developing a Framework for Team-based Robotics Research. Elizabeth Sklar, Simon Parsons, Susan Epstein, Arif T. Ozgelen, George Rabanca, Sam Anzaroot, Joel Gonzalez, Jesse Lopez, Mitch Lustig, Linda Ma, Mark Manashirov, J. Pablo Munoz, S. Bruno Salazar, Miriam Schwartz. AAAI 2010 Robotics Exhibition and Workshop. 2011
- Search, Mining and Browsing Self-Boosting Multi-Dimensional Text-Rich Information Networks. Sam Anzaroot, Javier Artiles, Hao Li, Qi Li, Zheng Chen, Suzanne Tamang, Heng Ji, Hongbo Deng, Jiawei Han. The Network Science Collaborative Technology Alliance Annual Meeting. 2011 (presentation)